In major cities like Sheffield, decreasing your carbon footprint is a compulsory requirement for the local government. Sheffield has created an Air Quality Action Plan that the Sheffield City Council has been working towards since 2010 and has recently been updated in 2015. In 2019, a £50 million grant was requested to help replace the engines in vehicles such as taxis, vans and HGVs and plans towards the creation of a new Clean Air Zone have alluded to its launch in early 2021.
Sheffield’s Clean Air Zone:
- Operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Pollution charges will be issued to those who do not have ultra-low emission vehicles and the prices are dependent on vehicle type and size
- Electric, petrol-hybrid, hydrogen or liquid petroleum gas-powered engines will be allowed to enter the zone. For larger vehicles, such as buses and HGV’s, engines will need to be electric or the cleanest standard of diesel
To ensure that your project is in keeping with these new initiatives, our excavators can provide you with a more environmentally friendly alternative. Suction excavation considerably reduces your carbon footprint because there is less need for numerous vehicles and personnel to be present on site.
Our equipment provides the perfect solution for those who have a vested interest in preserving their green credentials or minimising their environmental impact.
Suction excavation has many environmental benefits:
- The damage to and restoration of tree roots is significantly improved when excess soil and shrubbery is removed
- Fewer lorries are needed on-site, resulting in a reduced carbon footprint
- The time-efficient grab load, not only minimises third party damage but also contributes to a reduction in traffic
- Sites are up to a third smaller when compared with traditional methods
- Pedestrian access and traffic flow are facilitated through reduced site sizes
- Allocated waste sections ensure that sites are cleaner