Liverpool is the 3rd largest city in the UK and has been found to be one of fourty cities that have exceeded the air pollution limits set by the World Health Organisation, with air pollution contributing towards over 1,000 deaths per year. Decreasing these pollution levels are a legal requirement and steps are being put in place to manage and plan for this appropriately with the development of Liverpool’s Air Quality Interim Action Plan. Not only is Liverpool reviewing its road networks, but seven out of ten buses are now running on low emission fuels and the development of hydrogen-fuelled trains is also being trialled.
The council is also investing in offshore wind and the development of the Mersey Tidal Power Scheme, and a new Clean Air Zone has recently been proposed to the government, whereby vehicles that enter this zone would be charged when entering, in an effort to reduce overall emissions.
To build upon these initiatives and ensure that your project isn’t contributing to these increased pollution levels, our equipment and specially designed vehicles provide you with a more environmentally friendly alternative. Suction excavation considerably reduces the carbon footprint of your project, because numerous vehicles and personnel on site are no longer needed to carry out your requirements.
Our excavators are the perfect solution for those who have a vested interest in preserving their green credentials or are looking to minimise their environmental impact.
Suction excavation has many environmental benefits:
- The removal of excess soil and shrubbery significantly improves the damage to and restoration of tree roots
- Carbon footprint is greatly diminished through fewer lorries on site
- The time-efficient grab load minimises third party damage and reduces disruption of traffic
- Up to a third smaller site size when compared with traditional methods
- Reduced site size facilitate pedestrian access and traffic flow
- Sites are cleaner through allocated waste sections