In major cities like Birmingham, decreasing your carbon footprint is mandatory. In an effort to reduce the impact of pollution to the environment and the health of local residents, the Birmingham City Council have launched a campaign, #BrumBreathes. This campaign introduces a new Clean Air Zone within the Birmingham city centre, due to launch in early 2021.
Birmingham’s Clean Air Zone will:
- Operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Encompass all the roads within the A4540 Middleway Ring Road
- Discourage vehicles from entering the zone by introducing daily charges. Prices will vary depending on size and type
To remain in line with these new initiatives, VAC UK can provide your project with a more environmentally friendly alternative. Suction excavation enables the deployment of fewer machines and people per project, considerably reducing your carbon footprint.
This method is the perfect solution for those who have a vested interest in safeguarding their green credentials or reducing their overall impact on the environment.
Suction excavation has many environmental benefits:
- Tree root damage is enormously reduced when excess soil between roots and shrubbery is removed
- Carbon footprint is vastly reduced as fewer lorries are required on site
- Traffic and public disruption is diminished due to the time efficient grab of machinery, minimising third party damage
- Excavation sites are up to a third smaller when compared with traditional methods
- Reduced site size allows for increased pedestrian access and traffic flow
- Sites are cleaner due to allocated waste sections where materials are tipped